Thursday, March 09, 2006

Somedays I love my job...

...we had to buy some new manequins for work the other day. Went to this creepy display place, with two rooms filled with rows and shelves of store manequins, most of them naked. Half of the women's ones with perky nipples (apparently that's the 'old style manequins')

I took a couple pics with my phone. The first is a creepy custom face paint job, I think they used white out for the eyes, and a jiffy marker for the irises. He was naked except for the januty little scarf. Like some demon drag queen from hell.

The second one was of a female, whose head didn't fit under the overhead shelf....so they had to make due. I had a really pithy-funny one-liner for this...but I've forgotten it now. Damn it was good tho. Something along the line of "I've heard of having a good head on your shoulders".... but it was dirtier and funnier than that.

I don't know which part of the trip I found the creepiest though. I didn't take a photo...damnit ...but there was a line of about 5 male "groins" obviously used to display underwear or bathing suits. Far more bulge than you would have thought necessary. Tres wierd. Would have been a great place to host a halloween party though!

1 comment:

LitWorld said...

freaky mcfreakertons