Monday, March 20, 2006

She thinks she's funny....


...but she's snot.

My sister sent me this pic in response to my photo of my car in the snow. She claims to have taken it in her front yard in Kamloops this week. I think she cut it out of the latest National Geographic magazine, from their "grasslands of the sick-hot deserts of British Columbia" special. You can just make out the imprint of the staple on the far left of the photo.



This weekend was a quiet one, couldn't get the car out of the street. It was dicey getting moving this morning, and that's after I spent an hour yesterday shovelling out a literal 'driveway' for pretty girl. Had to do the ol' back up, gun it forward, back up, gun it forward about 12 times. Freaked me out a bit, cuz that's how I lost my muffler in the Tercel, during a bad snow fall. That drive home was so surreal, it took about 1 1/2 hours, and party way through I just about lost it because I thought some big bully truck was tailgating me in the terrible my weather, then I realized the huge rumblingsound was coming from 'Piggy' (that was my tercel's nickname). She sounded like about 25 mopeds tied together.

Started reading a great book, Enigma, by Richard Harris, but then I left it AND my kntting at home, so now I have nuttin' to do over lunch (boo). Made a new bunny with chenille yarn, very cute. Think it'll be Mom's bunny!

UPDATE:
She sent me two new pictures that refuse to upload. They're of today's paper superimposed over 'grass' from the front yard. It's just amazing what they can photoshop these days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is only 1 s in desert girlfriend
Badgergirl

Anonymous said...

kinda like you photoshopped that snow!!! There couldn't be THAT much snow on the first day of spring.. now, could there?