Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St Paddy's Day


Robin invited me to do some St Paddy's day baking last night. We arrived at Karen's at about 6:20, we pulled out of the driveway at about 9:15...and in the meantime the three of us had baked, iced and decorated 72 cupcakes, and made 20 cups of rice krispies into rice krispie squares (KayKay did the rice krispies, R and I did the cupcakes, mostly) We were masters of efficiency. Oh yes, and about 20 minutes was devoted solely to listening to Lester's new stereo system via a Fleetwood Mac DVD. It was tres awesome. They turned out really tasty too. I copped out and bought a can of Duncan Hines cream cheese icing (it was on sale) and it was yummy!

Karen -- so clever that one -- dyed some of the Rice Krispies green (just sprinkled some green food die on them , and stirred through) they looked so pretty. Much more efficient than the hand-sorting of Mom and Dad's past. She died the marshmallow green for one batch, as a trial....not so attractive, those.

I had forgotten that one of my new summer blouses had some green in it, and I'd purchased the matching tank top..so I was even dressed for the season!

Just got an email from Leanne (formerly of SVEN BLVD) who'll be in town tonight, so hopefully we can hook up for a St. Paddy's beer (somewhere where they'll be no lineup!)

No comments: