Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Who really cares...


.... so the other night I'm watching the news, wanting to know what the weather was going to be like for the following weekend. I got to the weather report....and waited...and waited...and when it was over I realized something.
I'd completely missed what the weather was going to be. Oh, I could have rattled off the names of the clouds, the % points of humidity, the PSI of the high pressure system that was coming....but f*#* if I could tell you if the combination of them all would mean wearing a bikini or a snowsuit.

Who decided that we needed to know all that extraneous bullshit during the weather report? Is the rain from a Siberian High Front wetter than the rain from a Nigerian Low? No!?! THEN WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need out of a weather report is this:

Tomorrow, coat
Day after, no coat
Day after that, umbrella
Day after that we could guess people, but we'd probably be wrong.

I've yet to run into a friend during a snowstorm, who was wearing a tank top, shorts and flip flops, who said "yeah, the weatherman said to wear a parka, but they didn't back it up with enough graphs and satellite pictures, so I decided to take my chances".

And a whole CHANNEL of weather? What's up with that? If it's sleeting in the Himalayas do I need to wear long underwear too? I didn't think so. All THEY need is a screen that says:
"Today, Edmontonians should wear ____________, if you're travelling somewhere, phone ahead.

So's I say, SCREW the meteorologists, and bring back the old-fashioned, whiteboard-marker weathermen of old, who let you know what you should do about the weather, which is all anybody really needs to know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue....Let's wear our bikinis on Thursday...just think of all the high pressure we're going to create. *snickers*

Anonymous said...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/features/schoolday/pages/CAAB0103.htm

Bikinis are not an option today

Love
Badger

Anonymous said...

PS I think wearing a bikini in Edmonton in December might cause a cold front.

And I don't think your rear would fare well either!!!
Love
Badger

Anonymous said...

If a forecast of clothes were to be issued in Victoria, I'd never trust it.